Invisalign is a virtually undetectable and hygienic approach to straightening your teeth and giving you a healthy, confident smile. This system was developed by a leading Invisalign dentist to meet the demands of the active lifestyles and unique treatment needs of different kinds of patients, from shy teens to active athletes, so the treatment won’t interfere with their lifestyle.
Some of the advantages of Invisalign include:
- It can be used to correct many orthodontic issues – The Invisalign system is effective for correcting a wide range of orthodontic issues, including underbite, overbite, crossbite, crowded teeth, and widely spaced teeth.
- Virtually invisible – The aligners are transparent, offering a discreet way to straighten teeth. People hardly notice them, so your teen can continue to smile with confidence throughout their treatment.
- Comfortable – The aligners cause minimal irritation to the gums and mouth compared to fixed braces.
- Removable – The aligners can be removed when eating, brushing and flossing, and for special occasions, provided you wear them for 22 hours a day.
- Safe – Invisalign aligners are safer and more comfortable for teens who play sports or musical instruments compared to metal brackets and wires.
- Fewer visits to your Invisalign dentist- Patients typically get 3-4 sets of aligners to wear for 2-weeks each, so you don’t need to see the dentist for about 2 months. Moreover, there are no dental “emergency” visits for loose or broken brackets and wires.
- Easier to clean – Since teens can remove their aligners to brush and floss properly, it eliminates the risk of food debris and plaque buildup around the brackets and wires. Better oral hygiene reduces the risk of cavities, gum disease, bad breath, and other oral problems.
- Low risk of enamel damage and tooth discoloration – Fixed braces are cemented to the enamel of each tooth. During removal, the enamel can get damaged, or reveal white patches on each tooth. Invisalign aligners are not bonded to your teeth.
Is Invisalign right for you?
All patients who have to erupt or erupted permanent teeth are eligible for Invisalign treatment. This includes most teen patients. To find out if you or your teen is a good candidate for Invisalign, please schedule an appointment with your Chula Vista orthodontist today.